LUCERO DE AMOR, is an Institution of girls, and is located in Dorado, Puerto Rico; this institution is an orphanage for girls. Husband and wife team, Alexis Rodriguez & Maricely Robles Albarran, with JWG International Ministry teach the Life Skills Program at Lucero De Amor.
- Lucero De Amor offers girls a family life experience. This opportunity provides a growing experience for each girl to be healthy in society, independent, and assume social self-responsibility – which in turn, allows her to be more productive, responsible and beneficial to herself and her peers. These experiences are essential for the optimal development of minors.
- Accomplishing growth in under developed areas of physical qualities, intellectually, emotionally, and socially. While living out her new skills, she will be an example to others around her of all she has learned.
Purpose of Service
- For each girl to learn how to successfully integrate group communication, respect, spirituality, cooperation, collaboration and responsibility.
- To offer quality of life for full social-development in the present and the future.
- The team at Lucero De Amor wants each individual to recognize her importance in society as being necessary, a productive being, a valuable part of society.
- The main goal is for each individual to fully heal and overcome the traumatic events of her life so she can create a new and healthy relationships with her peers, family and friends. By fully healing, the traumas of conflict can no longer negatively affect their future family & peer relationships.
- To provide the life-tools needed for each girl to achieve success in all aspects of her life.
- Promoting the desire in each individual to grow in her social integration; motivation; and her physical, mental and emotional growth.
- Create a safe place to continue growing even when she may feel down during the healing process. A space to maintain healthy self-esteem and continue to promote individual and collective respect.
- To develop programs and activities designed to promote a sense of belonging and respect in all of her relationships. As well as establishing an order and balance in all aspects of her life, including how to best benefit society.
- For each individual to heal traumatic wounds that may be affecting her present life, while achieving her spiritual growth and self-esteem.
JWG International Ministry is honored to partner with Lucero De Amor and their ministry in Dorado, Puerto Rico.
Alexis Rodriguez & Maricely Robles Albarran